Monday, August 27, 2007

Tommy Makem, May the Angels Sing You Home!

I just heard today that earlier this month, Tommy Makem, whose music and poems fired up a love for Ireland in me, my brother Sean, and countless others, passed away beyond the Green Hills. May he rest in God's Mercy and Love. Thanks, Tommy, for the music and the memories you've given me!

Sean, if you're reading this, I think we should raise a pint next weekend for the Bard of Armagh! Read the tributes on Liam Clancy's message board here.


"I've a fine, felt hat
And a strong pair of brogues
I have rosin in my pocket for my bow
O my fiddle strings are new

And I've learned a tune or two
So I'm well prepared to ramble and must go
...."

No comments:

Talking to Your Little Ones About the Big Topic of Sex

A much repeated sentence we hear at our Theology of the Body retreats and courses is "I wish I heard this when I was younger!" ...