Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Theology of the Body Retreat - Feb 19-21

I'll be giving a Theology of the Body Retreat from Friday to Sunday, Feb. 19-21, 2010, at the Villa Maria Guadalupe Retreat Center in Stamford, Connecticut. It's a beautifully restored mansion now dedicated for prayer and reflection, hosted by the wonderful Sisters of Life. You can register online here, or contact the Sisters directly for more information:
Sisters of Life Villa Maria Guadalupe 159 Sky Meadow Dr. Stamford, CT 06903 203.329.1492 fax: 203.329.1495

5 comments:

Rae said...

That sounds wonderful. Too bad I am not in the area. I hope that it goes well!

The Heart of Things said...

Thanks!

Kate G. said...

The retreat was so good this weekend! I found a definition of "lectio divina" while on Sacred Space this morning. I thought it fits in well with the idea of contemplation during Lent. I love the idea of "resting simply in the presence of God, needing no further words." Some great body imagery in here too...

The four stages of lectio divina are beautifully summarised by a Carthusian Prior, Guigo: "We read a text of scripture or serious poetry or religious writing. We meditate to enter deeply into the text's meaning. In prayer we respond to God in the light of this meaning. In contemplation we rest simply in the presence of God, needing no further words. Reading, as it were, puts the food into the mouth. Meditation chews it and breaks it up. Prayer extracts its flavour. Contemplation is the sweetness itself which gladdens and refreshes."

Thanks again for a wonderful weekend.

The Heart of Things said...

Thanks Kate! It was a real grace for us too to be with you all. Inspirational! Thanks for the Guigo quote, I'll share it with my Biblical Studies classes!

Peace and Good,
Bill

duskangel said...

That's great Bill!

Talking to Your Little Ones About the Big Topic of Sex

A much repeated sentence we hear at our Theology of the Body retreats and courses is "I wish I heard this when I was younger!" ...