In the immortal words of M.C. Hammer, "Ring that bell, school's in."
And so we move to the weekend that wasn't:
- Friday night I had my first adjunct teacher meeting at Immaculata University (I started teaching Marriage and Family to undergrads this semester, and I'm lovin' it). But a Friday night meeting from 6 to 8pm? Oiy!
- Then Saturday was a 9am talk for the Men's Prayer Group at St. Mary Magdalene's. Man that was fun. Over 15 men, praying, singing deep and strong, sharing faith, and then I led us in a reflection on the Theology of the Body. Whoa, the faith and the insights shared by these veterans of the Church was inspiring.
- Next it was off to Malvern Retreat Center for lunch and a talk to give on the same theme, TOB, for the Men of Malvern Retreat League.
- Finally to St. Pius X parish to speak briefly at the 5:15 Mass for an upcoming seminar on the Theology of the Body. Seeing a theme here, eh?
- Today, I'm back to speak at ALL the masses here at Pius to promote the TOB seminar (it starts Oct. 4!)
- This afternoon after the 12pm Mass, I have to head to Malvern Prep for a Meet the Parents day, and run the moms and dads through a mini review of what I'm teaching their boys this year in theology.
- Tonight will close with a reception from 5 to 7pm at the O'Neill Center for parents and faculty.
- And tomorrow is Monday.
- Calgon, take me away....
Now in one sense, I write all this because it's ridiculous. What am I smoking? But also I'm happy to say that God is moving it all. I left the men at St. Mary Magdalene yesterday morning feeling humbled and blown away by the reality that I am doing this, leading, teaching, praying with people, getting to "the heart of things."
Me! A nerdy kid from New Jersey. Everything is a grace. All of this is a privilege.
I'm gonna slow down. Promise. But it's weekends like this that remind me how fortunate I feel, how grateful I am just to live, to be a teacher, to have been invited to bring souls into the deep, to have been captured first by the net of love and the beauty of God and Life and Everything in Between. I just have to remember to come up for air now and again! Maybe when the next season of the Office airs?
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld