Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Please Pray for Mary

The following prayer request is from a colleague of mine at Malvern. Please pray for the following intention:

Dear Friends,
I have a dear friend who has recently been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. She is in stage 4 of 5 and it is progressing extremely rapidly. It began as subcutaneous t-cell lymphoma ( which is basically a cancerous skin rash), and has progressed into her lymph nodes, liver and now into leukemia. This has all happened within the last month. Her name is Mary. She is only 62. She has 4 children and and 12 grandchildren, with one more on the way. She is one of the most wonderful women that you could ever meet. She would literally give anyone the shirt off of her own back. She is a kind Christian woman, whom I have been blessed to know for 39 years. She is my wife’s best friend.  I beg you to pray for her. I would love for you to pray to Pope John Paul II, as we know that he is on his way to beautification and needs only one more miracle for sainthood. I am enclosing a devotion to John Paul.  I thank you all for your time and prayers. I will keep you updated. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. The world will be a much sadder place if Mary is not in it. Thank you.
- L.L.

Prayer for asking graces through the intercession of the servant of God, Pope John Paul II

O Blessed Trinity, we thank You for having graced the Church with Pope John Paul II and for allowing the tenderness of your Fatherly care, the glory of the cross of Christ, and the splendor of the Holy Spirit, to shine through him. Trusting fully in Your infinite mercy and in the maternal intercession of Mary, he has given us a living image of Jesus, the Good Shepherd, and has shown us that holiness is the necessary measure of ordinary Christian life and is the way of achieving eternal communion with you. Grant us, by his intercession, and according to Your will, the graces we implore, hoping that he will soon be numbered among your saints.
Amen

No comments:

Talking to Your Little Ones About the Big Topic of Sex

A much repeated sentence we hear at our Theology of the Body retreats and courses is "I wish I heard this when I was younger!" ...