Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Pope's Assassin, Ali Agca, Becomes Catholic?

CN CathNews reports: In a letter written from a Turkish prison, Mehmet Ali Agca, author of the failed attempt against Pope John Paul II in 1981, claims to have renounced Islam and embraced the Catholic faith. Italian weekly Diva e people donna published the letter, French journal 7s7 reports. "I am looking for an Italian woman, who wants to correspond with me. Obviously (I hope) she is Catholic because from May 13 2007, I decided to renounce the Muslim faith and becoming a member of the Roman Catholic Church," Agca writes. "I have decided to return peacefully to the (St Peter's) square and to testify to the world of my conversion to Catholicism," he says in the letter written in Italian. - Read the full article here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ali Agca expected eye for an eye, but instead Pope John Paul II showed him the love and forgiveness within us, a choice taught to us by Christ.
May the Muslims quickly get their mesiah (to be sent by Fatima) for our world will rejoyce when we all love each other.

Talking to Your Little Ones About the Big Topic of Sex

A much repeated sentence we hear at our Theology of the Body retreats and courses is "I wish I heard this when I was younger!" ...