Friday, December 14, 2007

Thanks a Million (I mean.... 20,000)!

It was on December 12, the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe, that I put a hit counter on my blog. I'm pleased to say that in the year that has passed since then, (and we'll round off the hits in that first half a year without a counter) there have been over 20,000 visitors to The Heart of Things Blog!! Woohoo! So thanks for stopping by, for passing stuff on, and for the sporadic comments. They are always welcome!

'DA PLANS...

Teaching keeps me pretty busy, but I am hoping to publish a book soon (soon meaning "before death") encapsulating the most reflective of these reflections... skipping the random allusions to YouTube videos, cheese, and HomeStarRunner... well, maybe we'll keep the silly stuff in there for good measure.

Would you read a book like this? With a few hundred one to two page reflections on God, Life, and Everything in Between? I hope so. I figure that's what I like; short and sweet, but meaty enough to get me through the day. The podcast is coming along, with a few bugs to work out still. It's basically a kicked up version of the Radio Show I do each week at In His Sign Network. Maybe when there's time, I can get the new idea for a podcast out there. It's gonna be called "The Good Stuff" - movies, music, poems, books, the stuff that just drips of Beauty, Truth, Goodness, Action, Adventure, the whole dang drama of being human!

There have been a few additions to the blog: I have a couple web albums if you scroll down and look on the right column. One is pics from the trips I used to make to the missions, the other is a collection of masterpieces of sacred art. And at the podcast site, I've just uploaded a page called "Theophanies" - a collection of close ups of creation. I hope to keep adding to it! And maybe pick up a better camera with more megapixels. Those pics were taken with a Canon A510 - 3.5 megapixel camera.

Here's a little video I took at Malvern yesterday; as the ice covered trees started to melt, the water sounded like music.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bill-

I promise to buy your book if you sign it for me so when you become really famous I can make some money to retire on.

Blessings!
Wendy

Frances said...

Yay, a book by Bill! Ever since I first became acquainted with your website and blog I've thought, "He should write a book. I would read it!" Actually, I believe your reflections are better suited to a book - they are longer and deeper than typical blog posts. When I'm clicking through Bloglines I usually save Heart of Things until I have "enough time" to savor your musings.

The "Good Stuff" podcast appeals to me, too. Best wishes, as always, in all of your endeavors. You have my prayers, too.

The Heart of Things said...

Excellent! Thanks so much for the affirmations! I'm working on it...

Peace,
Bill

Anonymous said...

Hey Billy,
Ever since your short series about the grapes, I knew you should write a book, maybe even a few books, ha ha. You have the unique ability to spin words into silk.

Your cuz,
Mary

PS. Love the melting ice on the trees, reminds me of Mom.

Talking to Your Little Ones About the Big Topic of Sex

A much repeated sentence we hear at our Theology of the Body retreats and courses is "I wish I heard this when I was younger!" ...